Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thank You So Much from Father Barry Martinson/Hai Hsia





--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Hai Hsia Chen wrote:
Fr. Barry wants to thank all of you for the team work we had during his visit. I want to thank all of you too.
Jade, can you please forward this e-mail to Lighthouse group? Thanks.
God bless.
Hai Hsia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barry Martinson
Date: Jul 1, 2008 11:32 PM
Subject: Thank You So Much
Dear Hai Hsia,
Thank you so much for all you did to organize my Masses, talks and book sales in the Bay Area. I am very gateful. I have been wanting to email you ever since I got back to San Diego, but I got a bad cold shortly after getting here, so that slowed me down. Please relay my gatitude to the others also.
You have some wonderful groups of Catholics. Being with them is like being with family. They are so warm and supportive. I wish I could have had more time to get to know them. It wasn't until our last meal together at the restaurant, that I finally felt relaxed enough to not worry about having to get to the next place on time.
I wasn't able to talk much to Chris and his family, whom I just saw briefly at the restaurant. Please thank him for me also. I really appreciate his help.
Your husband seemd to be able to read my mind with the slide show. He always knew just how to do it, and I felt so comfortable working with him. He is a real gift from God.
Also, I want to thank your "marketing genius" who introduced my books after Mass - without his salesmanship my sales would not have been such a success.
It was so nice to meet some of your group that became instant friends, like Darien Lu and others. People like that made everything seem even more worthwhile and were a great consolation to me.
I will keep all of you in my prayers, and I know you will remember me in yours, also. Maybe, with god's blessing, I can come again next year with some new books. Your encouragement has helped stimulate me to work even harder to produce books that reflect God's glory, and I am very happy He can use me for this work and I can share it with you.
Thanks, once again, for everything.
With prayers and best wishes,
Fr Barry

No comments: